LinkedIn ShareShare

Role: Senior Data Scientist

SALARY -                    £70k - £95k plus excellent benefits

LOCATION -               Central London offices twice a week

TEAM

Having built most of the existing Marketing Sciences function, we can vouch for the exceptional quality of talent this marketing agency has managed to attract, not just because of the complexity and sophistication challenges and projects on offer, but also because of the vision of their Marketing Sciences function leadership.

It’s an environment passionate about training and development and has built a strong culture of collaboration and innovation. This is demonstrated by their 80/20 rule for the working week. Where you’ll be applying your skills 80% of the time to client challenges and data science projects. The remaining 20% is on personal and professional development.

Every person we’ve placed into the team in the last 2 years, LOVES their job and more importantly, LOVES their team! They represent an adult working environment where you are trusted to deliver and given the freedom to manage your time with a lot of latitude in how you approach delivering outcomes.

ROLE

You will apply your skills in the build and productization of cutting-edge data science projects. These will include both supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods, AI solutions and other things like for example building recommendation engines with NLP and computer vision layers.

The companies you’ll be supporting will vary in industry and challenge, and will include car manufacturers, telecoms and media giants and heritage fashion brands. They all have one thing in common, they’re each very high profile brands in their own right, often with Global presence.

We want Hackers, Data Scientist leaders who can add value through bleeding edge techniques and methodologies, all whilst applying an acute commercial and strategic lens. I’m afraid to say experience with predictive modelling and segmentations is not enough here, we need people who have something a little different about their background. You will possibly have a data engineering edge to your experience, will be highly proficient in cloud based technologies, maybe you’ve used some special analytical techniques such as gravity modelling or catchment analysis, even worked with geospatial data… we want to hear from you! 

Advanced programming skills in Python are required, as well as an all-round problem-solving approach, and at least some of the following:

  • Classic algorithms and analytical modelling techniques from k-Means to XGBoost, clustering analysis, regressions, etc.
  • Advanced time series analysis, but taking it beyond just SARIMAX
  • Recommendation engines
  • NLP and computer vision, deep learning and application of GANs
  • DevOps/MLOps techniques with implementation into Cloud platforms
  • Statistics, but with a solid reasoning in the algorithms and math behind it all
  • Bias detection and avoidance. Able to QA work effectively

WHATS IN IT FOR ME?

Exceptionally high level of talent – so peer learning is a reality, you will be inspired by your team, not just senior leaders. Although they are pretty awesome too and lead from the front with clear vision, strategy and commitment to genuinely disrupting what a ling standing approach to analytics from marketing agencies alike. Their approach to date has generated incredible clients and a thirst for more and more advanced data science projects – so the best is yet to come and you could be part of that journey. With their rapid growth, there is huge opportunity for promotion and growth into management, whilst also being able to apply your creativity in solution and product design.

Skills and experience required:

  • Educated to degree level in a numerate subject; Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Machine Learning, Computer Science etc.
  • A background in data science; (possibly) data engineering, (definitely) machine learning and AI, ideally within a marketing environment
  • Strong programming experience with either Python AND SQL as a minimum
  • Ability to gather and scope requirements for a variety of analytical projects
  • Ability to engage with senior level client stakeholders to identify and deliver to project briefs

Want to Apply? Here’s how:

You can share your Linkedin profile or email me a CV – it doesn’t have to be up to date, we can work on that once you decide you want to take this forward.

Or, for a chat and more information please contact me on:

Colin Doree
Head of Recruitment, Data
Blue Pelican
01892 507122
colin@bluepelican.com

 

To learn more about this role, please apply or contact Colin directly on colin.doree@bluepelican.com

How to apply

If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call Colin Doree direct on to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.

Colin Doree

Email: colin.doree@bluepelican.com